Why Use Employer Connect
Professional and technology-based programs at post-secondary education (PSE) institutions must evolve to keep pace with today’s labor market. As a leader in your industry or sector, you have the opportunity to provide workplace experience and influence the training and skill sets of tomorrow's workforce.
Using Employer Connect
- Using the drop down menu, search for the National Occupation Classification (NOC) that best describes the occupation within your organization that you are considering for a Co-op, Internship or Field Placement.
- Review the placement opportunities and criteria offered by the PSE institutions in the Great Toronto and Hamilton Area and select the institutions that best suits the work-term you have to offer.
- Look at the contact information for the institution(s) of your choice, contact the institution and start a dialogue about opportunities to host a student in your organization.
Benefits for Employers
- Helps your organization fulfill short-term recruitment needs.
- Ensure a good company fit without a long-term commitment.
- Train a prospective new hire at a reduced rate of pay when employers take advantage of potential subsidies that are available.
- Work closer with educational institutions on the curriculum that is being delivered to occupations in your industry or sector.
- NOC 11. Professional occupations in business and finance
- NOC 12. Administrative and financial supervisors and administrative occupations
- NOC 13. Finance, insurance and related business administrative occupations
- NOC 14. Office support occupations
- NOC 15. Distribution, tracking and scheduling coordination occpations
- NOC 40. Professional occupations in education services
- NOC 41. Professional occupations in law and social, community and government services
- NOC 42. Paraprofessional occupations in legal, social, community and educational services
- NOC 43. Occupations in front-line public protection services
- NOC 44. Care providers, and educational, legal and public protection support occupations