“The Importance, Benefits and Essentials of Employment Contracts”
Date: July 29, 2015, 11 AM – 12 PM
Moderated by Carole McAfee Wallace, Wilson Vukelich LLP
Whether your business is large or small, it is critical that the legal aspects of your relationships and agreements with all of your employees be clearly identified, and well understood by you and by them. Join us and learn about:
- the value of having employment contracts in place with all (non-union) employees,
- how to prepare or have prepared an employment contract,
- the key elements of employment contracts, when to introduce such a contract in the hiring process,
- the roles of job descriptions, job postings and interview conversations in forming or applying the
- implications and “how-to’s” of introducing employment contracts to existing, even long term employees,
- impact of Employment Standards legislation on what can be contracted and what cannot be “contracted away” in terms of employee rights,
- enforcing employment contracts, and important processes to follow in disciplinary actions and management behaviour to preserve employer rights.
This webinar will be of interest to any employer in a business large and small, to CEO’s, General Managers, Operations Managers, and H.R. Executives.