Employer Connect is a tool that connects Employers To Students that are participating in CO-OPs, Internships Or Field Placements through Post Secondary Education Institutions in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area
What is a Co-op?
Co-ops are paid work terms, typically 4 months in length for a student in a Post-Secondary Education (PSE) institution with an experiential learning component to the education program related to their field of study.
What is an Internship?
Internships are paid work-terms that is 4 to 16 months in length and take place near the end of the students related education program allowing them to apply the skills and knowledge they have acquired from their post secondary education.
What is a Field Placement
Field Placements are short-term, unpaid work placements that provide students with supervised hands-on experience within their field of study.
The post-secondary educational programs used in Employer Connect were identified by the employment requirements as per the National Occupational Classification (NOC). To learn more about your specific NOC code, please click here.
Brock University- St. Catharines, ON
The Co-op program at Brock relating to Education gives employers the opportunity chance to select students that have job experience in the field while at the same time have a well-rounded education. Employers can choose students for, four-month terms.
The Master of Business Economics is an interdisciplinary program offered by the Department of Economics in the Faculty of Social Science in collaboration with the Goodman School of Business. The program combines academic learning with practical experience through two Co-op work terms.
- Adult Education
- Business Economics
- Labour Studies
- Political Science
- Political Science – Public Administration
- Tourism and Environment (Tourism Management stream)
Participating Graduate programs:
- Master of Business Administration
- Master of Business Administration (ISP)
- Master of Business Economics (MBE) Program
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 905 688 5550 x3341
Graduate Program Director:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 905-688-5550 x4439
Centennial College of Applied Arts and Technology – Toronto, ON
Centennial College offers co-op opportunities related to professional occupations in law and social, community and government services. Co-op duration is 4 months.
- Business Administration-Leadership and Management
- Human Resources Management
- Health Informatics Technology
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 416-289-5209
Conestoga College Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning – Kitchener, ON
Co-op & Career Services contributes to client success by developing and delivering career and employment related services to students, alumni and employers. Employers can choose a student for four 4-month paid work term opportunities that generally alternate with academic semesters
- Bachelor of Applied Health Information Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Early Learning Program Development (Honours)
- Bachelor of Public Relations (Honours)
Co-op & Career Services:
- Phone: 519-748-5220 ext. 2298
- Email: Co-opANDCareerServices@conestogac.on.ca
Durham College of Applied Arts and Technology – Toronto, ON
The Career Development office enables employers to recruit and hire students and graduates of Durham College’s over 140 programs. Internships and field placements vary in length.
- Developmental Services Worker
- Human Resources – Business Administration
- Office Administration – Executive
Career Development office:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 905-721-3034
Fanshawe College – London, ON
Fanshawe College is one of the leaders in the development of co-operative education at the college level in Canada with over 30 co-op programs, more than any other college in Canada! Normally, work semesters are four months in duration but in some programs there are double co-ops of eight months or even longer. The minimum duration is 10 weeks of full-time employment.
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: (519) 452-4294
George Brown College of Applied Arts and Technology – Toronto, ON
Work experience employers enjoy the benefits of a skilled employee working for them for a short term, as well as the cost and potential tax advantages that go with it. Co-op and field placements vary in length
- Assaulted Women’s and Children’s Counsellor/Advocate
- Child and Youth Care
- Child and Youth Care (Fast-track)
- Community Worker
- Dental Office Administration
- Early Childhood Education
- Early Childhood Education (Fast-Track)
- Early Childhood Education (Part-Time)
- Early Childhood Education (Consecutive Diploma/Degree)
- Early Childhood Management Certificate (Post Diploma)
- Health Informatics
- Health Information Management
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership (Bridging Courses)
- Honours Bachelor of Early Childhood Leadership (Fast-Track)
- Office Administration – Health Services
- Pre-Community Services
- Professional Development – “Are You a Reflective Practitioner”
- Social Service Worker
- Social Service Worker (Fast-track
Field Education Office:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (416) 415-5000 ext. 2143
Georgian College – Barrie, ON
Georgian College partners with over 6,200 employers, and more than 4,100 of our students gain experience in co-ops every year. Students are available for co-op work terms or seasonal employment at various times of the year. Most work terms start in January, May or September and are typically four months in length; some programs have 8 month work terms.
Co-operative Education and Career Success:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 705.728.1968, ext. 1340
The Humber Institute of Technology and Advanced Learning – Toronto, ON
Humber’s co-op and field placement program allows employers to hire students with extensive knowledge and full range of skills needed to facilitate business operations. Co-op and field placement vary in length.
Humber Career Centre:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 416.675.6622
McMaster University – Hamilton, ON
You can host students from any Social Science discipline in Internships (paid work opportunities) to assist you with achieving your company objectives, or in Career Placements (unpaid job shadow experiences) to mentor and inform students about future careers.
The Social Sciences Internship Program is a voluntary program that allows undergraduate students to actively engage in paid work opportunities and explore careers in fields related to their academic studies over a 4, 8, 12 or 16 month period in a part-time or full-time capacity.
Combining academic study with hands-on work experience makes the co-op MBA one of McMaster’s most popular program. The length is 28 months (typically academic terms alternating with 3 paid work terms)
Participating Graduate programs:
- Health, Aging and Society
- Indigenous Studies
- Labour Studies
- Political Science
- Psychology, Neuroscience and Behaviour
- Religious Studies
- Social Work
The Student Experience – Academic (MBA) team:
- Phone: 905-525-9140 ext. 20511
- Email: email@example.com
Faulty of Social Sciences:
- Phone: 905-525-9140
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mohawk College of Applied Arts and Technology – Hamilton, ON
As an employer Mohawk College will help you to find the right fit for your workforce needs. Be it a Co-op, full-time, part-time, seasonal, or contractual worker Mohawk College will have students and graduates ready to fill the gap.
Services for Employers:
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 905-575-2167