The Workforce Planning Board has published their annual Labour Market Report for 2016. The Workforce Planning Board of York Region and Bradford, West Guillimbury, a community-based, non profit funded by the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development, conducted the research to distribute local labour market information that supports local solutions to local issues.
This report provides an update to the labour market issues, the identified priorities and the actions undertaken in partnership or collaboration with other stakeholders in our community.
You can utilize the LMP report for:
1. Information regarding the labour market and employment in York Region that will help employers developing a strategic plan for their organization;
2. Assistance for job seekers looking at the top industries in York Region;
3. Help for students developing career pathways researching the employable industries and occupations in York Region;
4. Educators who teach career classes can use the report as a tool to increase students knowledge of the local labour market;
5. Assistance for anyone seeking to fund grants or loans for their business.
Click here to view/download English.
Click here to view/download French.
The creation of these Local Labour Market Updates is an ongoing process. The Workforce Planning Board of York Region needs your feedback to maintain the quality of their research. Was this document useful to you? Do you have any comments or questions? Complete this survey to have your say.
Complete the survey here.
We are collecting data to better understand who is looking for work and what kind of opportunities jobseekers are searching for. This data is completely anonymous and non-personally identifiable.